After watching several episodes of “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” on the Food Network, I’ve become more aware of what I have been eating and whether I would put those items on my list. It will take me some time to come up with an extensive list, but here are just a few items:
(1) Pecan Bars at Petsi Pies in Somerville, MA: I love pecans and this little bar packs them in, along with a nice buttery crust. It is almost like eating a pecan pie without the filling … which is fine with me!
(2) Chicken Marsala at Basta Pasta in Quincy, MA: I have eaten many chicken marsala dishes in my life, but there is nothing that beats the chicken marsala at Basta Pasta. Try it with its homemade fusili. Excellent! A friend of mine came back from the West Coast for a visit, and her first request was for 2 orders of the chicken marsala!
(3) BBQ Ribs at Che Bob in MA: Sorry folks. Bob actually does not have a restaurant but he is a good friend of mine and he makes the best BBQ ribs in the WORLD!
(4) Milkshakes at J.P. Licks at any one of their locations in MA: Recently I have had to increase my calcium intake … what better way to do that then to get ice cream into the system … and with milkshakes you get many, many scoops of ice cream! The milkshakes at J.P. Licks is the best! My favorite is the coffee oreo.
(5) Best Chinese Noodles at a little eatery in Guilin, China. Sorry, I don’t even know how to get back there, but that does not diminish how good the noodles were. You get a bowl, order your noodles and toppings, and then go over to a big vat to ladle in your own broth.
That’s it for now!